Monday 9 June 2014

Ice Age mammals - A wasted opportunity...

Horrible!


As I carry on working on my Lucid Eye Neanderthals I have been thinking about some appropriate Ice Age period creatures to go with them.  I have already painted a Reaper Smilodon but would really like some more mammals.  I'm more thinking about a Lost World scenario than anything (pre) historic.

The key animal, of course would be the woolly mammoth but no-one makes a good one scaled for 28mm figures.  There is a new kickstarter for Ice-Age mammals but unfortunately the models are horrible Disneyfied caricatures deigned for a fantasy game called Doggerland.  What a shame.  If they had been accurate I would have bought them all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog while searching for miniatures for a diorama. I've seen some ice age mammal miniatures here:
    http://arcanesceneryandmodels.co.uk/product-category/deezee-miniatures/

    Dont know if they're to the scale you're looking for but you might be interested if you're weren't already aware of them.

    ReplyDelete